Step into the pages of beloved author and illustrator Eric Carle’s Very series of picture books—including the iconic Very Hungry Caterpillar. Meet five special insects and take a journey of discovery with recuring themes of friendship, creativity, and the power of imagination.
- Become the Very Hungry Caterpillar and follow along his path until
becoming a beautiful butterfly!
- Weave a web with the Very Busy Spider
- Find your light with the Very Lonely Firefly
- Make the Very Clumsy Click Beetle flip and jump
- Compose a night symphony with the Very Quiet Cricket
- Create artwork using many of Eric Carle’s materials and techniques
- Enjoy a gallery of prints from Eric Carle’s “Very” book series
The exhibit remains on view through January 2, 2022.
Presented in the Fidelis Care Gallery
Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy Busy Exhibit is co-organized by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA.
TM & © 2021 Penguin Random House LLC. All Rights Reserved 2001