Museum field trips provide dynamic opportunities for project-based learning and unique ways for teachers to connect to curriculum. Field trips are only open to pre K-12 school and homeschool groups during the school year (September to June). If you are a youth group, please visit Group Admission.
Field Trip Rate
- $11 per student (minimum of 10 paying students)
- One adult chaperon admission is included for every three paid students. Each additional chaperon, who is not a member, pays full admission.
- Butterfly garden admission is $5 per person. Chaperons must also pay the $5 admission for the butterfly garden.
- Field trips are only available during the school year (September to June) and not on weekends, holidays, and school-break weeks.
- Reservations must be made and paid in full at least two weeks in advance.
These recent examples demonstrate how museum spaces support hands-on connections to material covered in the classroom:
- A fifth-grade class visited Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden to sketch plants as part of their study of botany and to inspire poetry writing.
- A first-grade class visited Reading Adventureland as part of their study of literary genres.
- A high school technology class visited eGameRevolution to explore the history of electronic games.